Terms & Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any contract for sale between you the buyer and M & N Jones t/a Cleggs. Please read through the Terms and Conditions carefully and if you have any enquiries which are not answered below please contact us on 01904 629697. Nothing contained within these Terms and Conditions will affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- These terms and conditions form part of the contract of sale between the seller (Cleggs) and buyers of goods on this website.
- References to “we”, “us”, “our” etc. are to the seller. References to “you” are to the buyer.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They apply when you buy any goods from us via this site. Please print or save these terms for future use as we will not keep a file copy specifically for your transaction. These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
- Where we refer to “Consumer” below we mean an individual acting for purposes which are wholly, or mainly that person’s trade, business, craft or profession.
- We are legally required to remind Consumers that we are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract. Furthermore, nothing below affects Consumers’ legal rights in relation to goods that are not in conformity with the contract, whether because they are faulty, not as described or otherwise.
- You are not eligible to buy any goods from us via this site if it is unlawful for you to buy or use the goods in, or import them into, your country.
- Where you communicate with us on behalf of a company / organisation, you promise that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity.
- These terms and conditions may be changed at any time. Please check them carefully as they will apply to any new purchases from us via this site occurring after the effective date shown.
2. Right to Cancel
- If you are an EU Consumer, you have the right to cancel this contract subject to the provisions set out below. This right is not affected by any separate returns policy on this website.
There is no right to cancel contracts for the supply of goods made to your specifications, or which are clearly personalised;
You lose the right to cancel contracts for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us via email at email@example.com
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of Cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us at the address shown on the form sent with the goods without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of the contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
3. Minor Variations in Goods
- We will take reasonable care to ensure that representations and descriptions of goods appearing on our product listing are correct. We have made reasonable efforts to display as accurately as possible the appearance / colour / texture / finish of our goods. However, you acknowledge and accept that there may be minor differences between the actual goods and the way that they appear on our listing. For example, the colour tone may differ.
- The labelling or packaging of the goods you receive may differ from the images of these which you see on the site.
4. Payment & Price
- Payment is in advance by the means stated here. Despatch of the goods is subject to our receipt of full payment in cleared funds.
Our prices may change from time to time. The price for the goods you order is as stated on our product listing at the time you send us your order. VAT or sales tax is included in any price shown. We may change the amount of VAT charged if the VAT rate changes unless you have paid in full for the goods by the date of the rate change. Prices offered on the website may not necessarily reflect prices on the same products in our stores. Whilst care is taken to ensure that prices are accurate at the time of entry on to the website, we reserve the right to alter prices at any time prior to you placing your order with us. We reserve the right to offer special website prices exclusively to our online customers.
- Delivery charges are charged extra at the rate shown on the listing at the time you place your order. These will depend on the delivery method chosen. The delivery charges do not include customs or import duties which may be applied to your order by the relevant authorities. We have no control of these and it is your separate responsibility to pay for them. We recommend that you check with your local customs office in advance.
- If we have mis-priced any item by mistake, we are not obliged to supply the item at that price provided we notify you before we despatch it. If we do notify you, then you can decide if you want to order the item at the correct price but, if you do not, we will provide a full refund of any payments already made.
- You must contact us immediately with full details if you dispute any payment.
- If any amount due to us is unpaid, or unjustifiably charged back, we may cancel this agreement on written notice (including email).
5. Your Order
- Your order is an offer to buy from us.
- You place your order by using the ordering process on the site. This involves selecting the goods, placing them in the shopping cart and transmitting the order to us by clicking on the “Pay Now” button. This process permits you to check and amend any errors before making an order by using the change function and/or the internet browser back button.
- You must ensure that your order and any other information you supply to us is correct and you must promptly update us if there are any changes.
- You will be sent a confirmation email after your order but please note that a binding legal contract is formed only when we accept your offer as stated below.
- All orders are subject to availability. If any goods are unavailable, we will notify you of the unavailability as soon as possible and will arrange for a full refund if you have been charged.
- There will be no binding contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you receive an email confirming that the offer is accepted. Until then we may decline to supply the goods to you without giving any reason and/or cancel your order. Nothing else that we do or say (e.g. sending the confirmation email immediately after the order) will amount to acceptance of your offer.
- Delivery will be complete when we deliver to the address which you specify when ordering. We may deliver different parts of your order on different dates.
- Delivery is only to the UK unless otherwise agreed.
- Unless otherwise stated, delivery dates given on the website are estimates only. If you are a Consumer, we have no liability for any losses arising from delay in delivery to the extent that this is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control and where we could not have taken reasonable steps to deal with the delay. If you are not a Consumer, we have no liability for any losses arising from delay in delivery.
- If you receive notification of an unsuccessful attempted delivery, it is your responsibility to use the details provided to contact the delivery company to arrange re-delivery. If nobody is available to receive the goods, we reserve the right to leave them at the doorstep, hall or reception as available.
8. Risk & Ownership
- Risk of damage or loss to the goods passes to you on delivery to you or to somebody identified by you to take possession of the goods or to your carrier. Risk in the item will pass to you on delivery. Please make sure that you check your items carefully before you use them. Please notify us immediately of any items found to be missing or damaged in transit. We recommend that you keep your receipt, packaging and order number, which can be found on your confirmation email or on the order invoice that comes with your delivery, because you might need it as proof of purchase in the event of any after-sales enquiry.
- You become owner of the goods after the later of delivery of the goods and payment of the price plus delivery charges. Until that happens, you hold the goods on our behalf. If you are not a Consumer, you must identify the goods as ours and keep them separate from your other goods until ownership passes.
- Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
- You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
- The following clauses apply only if you are a Consumer:
We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by us in circumstances where:
there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
such loss or damage was not foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract);
such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
such loss or damage relates to a business (as we do not intend for goods bought by Consumers to be used for business).
You will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
- The following clauses apply only if you are not a Consumer:
Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) is limited to the price paid for the goods.
In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any:
economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
loss of goodwill or reputation;
special, indirect or consequential losses; or
damage to or loss of data (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses).
You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your breach of this agreement.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter and supercedes any previous communications or agreements between us. We both acknowledge that there have been no misrepresentations and that neither of us has relied on any pre-contractual statements. Liability for misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation) relating to the terms of this agreement is excluded.
To the extent allowed by law, you and we exclude all terms, whether imposed by statute or by law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in this agreement.
- We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have supplied to us (unless otherwise stated in this agreement). Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver” (i.e. that it cannot be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. We may transfer this agreement to a third party but this will not affect your rights or obligations. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
If you have any complaints, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided by you to us will be treated as confidential and stored on a secure server. We will comply at all times with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and all consumer legislation in force from time to time.
These Terms were most recently updated on 17th March 2019.